It's a special day today, I was in Sepang this morning and here I am in Denpasar, capital of Bali Island, Indonesia...Yeah, it's been 6 years since I last visited KLIA (Kuala Lumpur International Airport) when I was taking part in Po Leung Kok Math Competition in Hong Kong. Time really flies, and I remember I was just a boy, and now I am no longer one...Saw my dad at the Aerotrain terminal, so happy to see him...He asked me to buy cigarettes though >.< ...which I did not want to....We went to the international terminal in SP Maths Jacket and boarded Malaysian Airlines...It's been sometime since I travelled in a non-budget airline, this feeling is so so so good, haha and the best of all, its free of charge....or more like being sponsored...Oh yeah the meal on board was actually not bad... I got a picture of it here...
u wont get this in AirAsia =P
The flight took around 3 hours before we arrived at some kind of ancient-orientated designed airport in Denpasar....Kind of freaky actually... We went looking for people-in-charge to actually transport us to our accommodation at Aston Hotel, when I realised that I will not be staying with the team. Instead, I will be staying at a better hotel, Holiday Inn, where beaches are just footsteps away, see breezes, girls in bikinis..woots.... Yeah, I and my dad were sort of like being vid-cam by reporters , LOL... unbelievable...Reach Aston, at the "Jantung" of Bali... Lunch was not as good as what I expected...>.< Anyway, we are treated like guest of honour, kind of addicted to this feeling and privileges...
Yeah, best thing and highlights of the day - SPA.... What is that?? It actually comprises massages, aromatherapy stuff and body scrub using some Ricey-stuff... After discount 24,200 Rupiah, which is around 88 bucks... So cheap, LOL...I fell asleep half way through, and when I woke up, 2 hours had passed =.= too comfortable, isn't it...It's my first experience, hehe.... Oh yeah, they gave us disposable underwear for hygiene purposes >.< and right after that, my dad and I went to Nasi Padang roadside shop, but the food taste better than Aston's....
And tonight was a long night, went to Holiday Inn, when there was a traffic jam along the way... Can't help it, and fell asleep in the bus.... When we reach there, for the Welcoming Dinner, some big guy from the Indonesia Ministry of Education joined us.. and there were lots of tutors from all over then world...Taiwan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Philippines... etc.... Whoa, I have to admit it but I am the only tutor who was alone that time... Team leader went somewhere else and another tutor, Mr Toh were late... I was like ......oh my..... when they asked the tutors to go up stage to introduce ourselves.... Another thing is that, I just realised that I am the only one who have that Baby-face look....One of the tutor say, " You look more like a student, than a teacher...", and yeah I am a student, a student of KTT.....Anyway, I got a souvenir from the big guy, a devilish statue...
~Indonesia MOE big guy >.<
~devilish statue
Okay, there were like long and dragging Traditional Balinese dances performed by some local girls, but frankly I really didn't enjoy it with an empty belly... Should have just welcome us with a modern dance or what ..>.< It took like 10 to 15min, just looking them repeating the same movement.. I gave to agree that these dancers really do have the passion and stamina for the dance.... It's 9.00pm and we started to have our so called Welcoming Dinner, it's far past my dinner time, and it should be considered as my supper now...Anyway, we dun really have time to enjoy the dinner at the beach....There is an immediate Technical Meeting for tutors at 9.30pm after dinner...The meeting room are filled with atmosphere of wisdom, Professors, lecturers, experienced educators are all around me... I really do feel so SMALL.....There were discussion between them, but I sort of like agree to all the plans, so I just kept quiet and nodded all the way, showing the sign of Agreement......It took us around 30minutes....>.<
At around 10pm, we headed for FaveHotel, our temporary accommodation because Holiday Inn in fully booked....You know what, Fave is just a budget hotel... Sigh.... kind of like disappointed because I expected something better... But, anyway this is where I'm gonna spend the night and use the free Wifi to blog about this......I really gonna get some rest, tomorrow is a big day.......End of 10 October 2010....
p/s: Selamat Bersara, Mr P'ng...and Happy Birthday as well
There are two sides in man, good and bad...
But I deeply believe that everyone deserve a chance to change for the better.
For He knows His plans for you, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. – Jeremiah 29:11
Myself
@ edtinton Loo
@ Sin Min Secondary
@ St. Andrews Junior College
@ Kolej Teknologi Timur
@ Taurus
@ May 17
@ Christian