<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8831763504263407907?origin\x3dhttp://apromiseisapromisetokeep.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
» My Baptism Testimony
Friday, December 24, 2010
~ 11:05 PM ~
Hey guys, talking about how I came to know Jesus as my personal savior. It all happened around March this year and during that time, I was in Singapore. I was born in a Christian family, which made me a frequent church-goer. But I do realise one thing, which is Christianity is not something one can inherit from his or her parents, unlike other genetical traits or characteristics. It is the discovering of a personal friend that who will never leave us nor forsake us in any circumstances. In that kind of situation which is no longer my comfort zone, there are no family to cling to, and that is when I found God as my tower of refuge... He show my how He can make those impossibles possible, lots of miracles happened, and He made me a more Godly person.

Looking back to the day when I said my sinner's prayer, with Pastor Reuben, around 7 years ago. It happened so abruptly that time, and I really didn't know what to do next. And so, I just carry on with my daily routine, doing what I usually do, and the saddest thing of all is that I forget about the prayer I made. Not until another 7 years, I realised that even though I have forgotten the prayer, God does not forget it. He remains faithful and continue to bless me in many ways, ways that I can see, and even ways I can not see. As stated in

2 Timothy 2 : 13
If we are faithless, He remains faithful.

The word baptism never appear in my mind even though my dad kept reminding me about it ever since I knew what baptism is. But out of nowhere, there is a inner calling that keep on pushing me to fulfill the Lord's commandment, which is to be baptised in water. Even though I always know that it is just a "figure" or an act to symbolize the cleansing of sins, and faith is the key for us to step closer to God, I still have to make this decision, not for anyone, but for myself. It is a declaration to the world that I am saved, I am saved by the Son of God, Jesus. During the first week of this December, I said the sinner's prayer once again, mean it to the fullest, along with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, in Brother Chin Ewe's house. And this time, I am very sure of what I'm doing. No more hesitation, no more doubts.

God has his plan for everyone of us, and sometimes it does not seems like favouring our will. What I experienced told me that all these plans are His, and they are meant to strengthen us spiritually, to draw us closer to Him. And through many hardships, I myself as His son, will humble down myself, and it is only when we humble ourselves, we can witness the greatness of our God.

To sum up, I knew that it is his plan for me to come, to know Him, and to be saved by Him.
Jeremiah 29 : 11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

~The End~

Labels: ,

About This Blog


There are two sides in man, good and bad... But I deeply believe that everyone deserve a chance to change for the better. For He knows His plans for you, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. – Jeremiah 29:11
Myself


@ edtinton Loo
@ Sin Min Secondary
@ St. Andrews Junior College
@ Kolej Teknologi Timur
@ Taurus
@ May 17
@ Christian


Friends


» YiKuan
» zhuangwen
» sammy
» Rachael Lee
» I-vonne
» Corine
» Hyin
» Esther
» Xiong
» Soo Cjian
» Edwin Loh
» Maegyvear
» Ricky Rack
» Willy Yan
» Geraldine Jetony
» Rachel Ling
» Lawrence Kiing
» Steven Moay
» Chen Haw
» Adam Jong
» Xiu Jing
» Michelle Marie
» Ginsky
» Joan Ng
» Joshua Wong
» Eunice Lim
» KTT CF

Archives


» September 2010» October 2010» November 2010» December 2010» January 2011» February 2011» March 2011» April 2011» May 2011» June 2011» July 2011» August 2011» September 2011» October 2011» November 2011» December 2011» January 2012» April 2012» May 2012» October 2015» May 2016


Tags


» book » cabal » CF » Christianity » Complication » event » family » food » friends » home » movie » overseas » philosophy » retard » school

Credits


deviantart
blogskins
blogger