<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8831763504263407907?origin\x3dhttp://apromiseisapromisetokeep.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
» IIMC Bali
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
~ 11:23 PM ~
I am away from college for a week, cause I'm here in Sanur, Bali... I came here less than a year ago, and now I'm here again...But, this time it's not IMSO but Indonesia International Mathematics Competition. 28 countries took part, all the way from United States to South Korea, from 5 continents, with a total of 1000 participants... It's kinda grand, I guess...

Seriously, I don't know why I'm so tired for the past few days... Maybe because of the things that I've to do, like registering, filling up forms for my juniors... Luckily, I still had the chance to go around Bali for sightseeing and some window shopping. This time, I didn't spend much, though I have millions of Rupiahs with me...

Today, I visited a place called Kintamani, a volcanic mountain... The lunch over there was Okay... >.< But the weather and scenery is way too awesome... I wish I could stay there a little bit longer ...
A little bit of Kintamani... (:
Lakeview Hotel & Restaurant =.=

Visited some souvenir shops, where everything is still the same like last year... And so, I bought nothing... The Hindu temple was quite interesting, with unique carvings and complex architecture around it. Too bad I can't upload the pictures... I'm quite surprised to know that 90% of Balinese are Hindus... 

The boring part of the day was visiting one of the primary school. Though it was boring, I made an interesting discovery... I discovered that the monthly salary of a teacher is 2million Rupiah, which is approximately 720 Ringgit....To me, it's like slavery.... >.< How can a person live on 720 ringgit per month? Oh yeah, monthly salary for Headmaster, 6million Rupiahs, pathetic right??? 

They just had their test today, all of them seems to be okay... Just pray that they did well...

One thing I hated about today, a leader from another country looked down on me, and my country as well... I do know I'm not as good as the professors around me, but still... What's the point of doing that?

Many countries like Thailand, Indonesia etc hosted this kind of competition for several times. When delegates from other countries ask me, "When will Malaysia be the host for IMC?", I'm totally speechless.... Hopeless...

Guess that's all for now... Outing tomorrow... :)

Labels: ,

About This Blog


There are two sides in man, good and bad... But I deeply believe that everyone deserve a chance to change for the better. For He knows His plans for you, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. – Jeremiah 29:11
Myself


@ edtinton Loo
@ Sin Min Secondary
@ St. Andrews Junior College
@ Kolej Teknologi Timur
@ Taurus
@ May 17
@ Christian


Friends


» YiKuan
» zhuangwen
» sammy
» Rachael Lee
» I-vonne
» Corine
» Hyin
» Esther
» Xiong
» Soo Cjian
» Edwin Loh
» Maegyvear
» Ricky Rack
» Willy Yan
» Geraldine Jetony
» Rachel Ling
» Lawrence Kiing
» Steven Moay
» Chen Haw
» Adam Jong
» Xiu Jing
» Michelle Marie
» Ginsky
» Joan Ng
» Joshua Wong
» Eunice Lim
» KTT CF

Archives


» September 2010» October 2010» November 2010» December 2010» January 2011» February 2011» March 2011» April 2011» May 2011» June 2011» July 2011» August 2011» September 2011» October 2011» November 2011» December 2011» January 2012» April 2012» May 2012» October 2015» May 2016


Tags


» book » cabal » CF » Christianity » Complication » event » family » food » friends » home » movie » overseas » philosophy » retard » school

Credits


deviantart
blogskins
blogger