Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops?
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near?
What if trials of this life
Are Your mercies in disguise?
~Blessings~ by Laura Story
I've been repeating this song, again and again for these few days. It really kept me thinking about every single blessing we have been receiving all the while. This song was shared by Joshua Wong, during campus revolution like few days ago.
Looking at the world around us, we'll always feel that we are lack of something compared to others. We tend to focus on Loss more than Gain. And it's very true that we love to cry over spilled milk, rather than giving thanks for the other blessings we have.
It's nearly the end of our short journey being the committees, but then it's not the end of the race. I'm very sure all of us have been growing despite the problems that we faced throughout this one year. All of you are really blessings from God to me. Whenever I look back and think for awhile, I really want to thank God and all of you for inspiring me, working together with me, caring for me, and serving God with me.
My "Blessings", thanks (:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just realise that it's kind of weird for me to be awake at this time of the day. But then, today is quite special as we're having a fasting camp - 30-hour Famine, in our college. Though there were only 32 participants, everything moved on as planned. I was in-charge of the Famine Challenge 1, some sort of live game where people get to experience life in third-world country. I was quite relived when the whole thing is over. Phew, but it really kept me thinking about unpredictability of live.
In spite of the aim of the game to keep a child alive till the age of five, no one successfully did that. Some of them were dead and reborn for several times. Some manage to live till the age of 2 or 3, but some couldn't make it and die during delivery. I was quite amazed by the will power of some "parents" to actually work non-stop, just to feed their "children".
But then, life is unpredictable. I was the Game Master, making random disastrous announcement, to "Take Away" or "Give" Lives. But, my job is to fail them... And when a healthy "child" finally reached the age of 4, her life ended within seconds just like that.
Children are the motivation that pushes parents forward. Parents are willing to do anything and everything, just to make sure things are okay for their children. When their children are dead, they find no reason to continue to work.
Participants have been facing all sorts of problems - poverty, malnutrition, diseases, natural disasters... Every single problem I mentioned takes away lives of millions of children around the globe every year. Whenever we want to complain, just look at the world out there, and count every single blessings that we have. And remember to give thanks for everything that we have (:Labels: event, philosophy