<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8831763504263407907?origin\x3dhttp://apromiseisapromisetokeep.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
» Stepping Down
Thursday, August 25, 2011
~ 2:07 PM ~
I was quite surprised when my dad called me the other day, asking me why aren't I updating my blog, and it's been weeks since the last post. And so, I decided to actually spent this night writing about my life for the past few weeks.... Okay, here goes....

MID-SEM

Basically after the 30 hours Famine Camp, I was quite caught up with studies busy revising for the past mid-sem. It was really boring and exhausting, cramming so many things in such short period of time... I was really satisfied and grateful for everything God had blessed me with despite the last minute effort...  人人常说,平时不烧香,临时抱佛脚。I guess I'm one of those...

I remembered how I spend my last Friday rotting in my apartment after my last physics paper for mid-sem... Everyone went out, some to Alamanda, some 1 Utama etc... But due to financial crisis lately, I decided to spend the whole day, doing nothing... What I can say about my studies, is that I'm still working on it, and hopefully it'll turn out well soon...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AS / IELTS

There's something happened right before mid-sem exams, on the 11th of August ... It's the results of AS as well as IELTS... And yeah, I've got straight A's for AS.... Not to say but then I'm already expecting this.... I'm never less grateful for this awesome results He had blessed me with. Anyway, to my blog followers, I'm retaking my math. For some unknown reason, I did relatively poor for my math paper... Just hope that everything will go fine for this retake paper.

Talking about IELTS, I was quite satisfied with what I get,  a Band 7.5. Though I expect a little more of myself, I know where I stand. My English is not that good after all...

But I wanna praise God for both of these, and give thanks to Him for what ever results I've got. Can really say that it's double blessing to me...

After getting our AS results

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GRACE HOME CHARITY OUTREACH

Right after the busy week of past years and non-stop of mugging, when I think I finally can have some rest, I actually don't... Hmm.... Thanks to Benjamin's initiative, KTT Christian Fellowship organized a charity outreach to Grace Home in Port Klang. It was established like 30 years ago, to take in women who are in desperate need of shelter, medical care etc... 

This is run by Grace Community Services, based on the bible verse
James 1: 27
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father is this:
To visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself
unstained from the world.

We didn't really get to do much on that day, just a short praise and worship session. Amazing Grace, Light of The World, Jesus Paid It All.... Prepared Nasi Lemak lunch for them, simple but nice... We went around the home and clean it as much as we could. I guess we spent quite a lot of time talking to the women over there.

I seriously find my dialects useful, though I couldn't understand everything they shared with me. I was very very moved by the faith they possess in Jesus Christ, and thats the only motivation that keeps them going on for the past years, not their children, not any other worldly possession. In spite of the challenges they faced in their lives, I am very amazed by their belief that God will never leave them nor forsake them.

Singing along a cappella with them, the song 《真正好》 and 《牵我的手》, suddenly meant a lot to me. Unfortunately I just had the time to talk to three of the women over there. I can really feel how much they have been through this journey of life, experiencing ups n downs, moments of joy and grief. Some are have diseases, both physically and mentally, some are dumped by their own children. But none of these ever stop them from giving thanks to the Lord. Their sincere voices, their claps as well as their heart of worshiping the Lord, really gave me a wake-up call. Despite being the Praise and Worship Coordinator for almost a year, I never really emphasize on elements like these.

 CF members (:



Count your blessings, name them one by one. I really felt that I'm so blessed compared to people who are struggling to survive every single day of their lives. At the same time, never forget to give as "It is more blessed to give than to receive ~ Acts 20 : 35"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VICTOR & ADELINE

It's been great knowing both of you... Thanks for being so wonderful throughout the past one year, going to Baptist Church every Sunday with me..... 
My mortal - Stephen (:
Adeline
Victor...

All the best in your future endeavors... Enjoy Davangere (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

APPRECIATION DINNER & STEPPING DOWN

Last sunday was officially our last gathering and meeting for the 4th generation of committees for Christian Fellowship. It's been a year ever since we were nominated, and then elected to lead God's people here in KTT. All those faces who were once strangers to me are so dear to me now. Honestly, life is not easy for us this year. Striving for the best, not only for CF, but also to perform well academically.

Everyone of you have been an inspiration and motivation, to keep me going all the way until today. But I very sure that our journey doesn't end here. I'm really grateful for being blessed with such awesome people, to do God's work together, to grow in Him. Sometimes, I don't talk much during committee meeting, I'm really sorry for not being participative. But I would like to tell all of you that you've changed me a lot, for the better.

 Benjamin Oh
 Corine
 Yong Kee
 Yong Kuang
 Jude
Rachel
Esther
Boy, Geraldine
Jing 
I-vonne
I really treasure every single moment we spent together. The night at Sepang Gold Coast was indeed an unforgettable one. I seriously don't know what else to say, but running this 1-year race with y'all is really life-changing and memorable.

Yesterday was the last day being in the committee, was quite happy that new generation are raised up to take the lead, but at the same time very reluctant to do so... Mixed feelings... hmph... Anyway, my successor is Joshua Wong Shii a.k.a. Spoonguy... God have chose you for a reason, and it's up to you to discover it.... I'm sure that you'll do a great job in leading the Christians here in praise and worshiping God (:

The Spoonguy ( P&W Coordinator )


And this is the new list of committees....
The 5th Generation

President : Ginsky Daniel Chan
Vice President 1 : Cyndl Matheus
Vice President 2 : Aldrin Chong
Secretary : Hilda
Treasurer : Lee Sue Hong
Praise and Worship Coordinator : Joshua Wong
Prayer Group Coordinator 1 : Jonathan Chieng
Prayer Group Coordinator 2 : Chuan Jin
Event Coordinator : Allan Jonis
Music Coordinator : Eunice Lim
Sports Coordinator : Cornelius
Media and Publicity Coordinator : Jeffrey

I believe that God raise up this chosen generation for a greater purpose. And I have faith that you all will do a better job than us, in leading CF, in learning and growing up to be more Christ-like.

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
1 Peter 2 : 9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Labels: , , ,

About This Blog


There are two sides in man, good and bad... But I deeply believe that everyone deserve a chance to change for the better. For He knows His plans for you, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. – Jeremiah 29:11
Myself


@ edtinton Loo
@ Sin Min Secondary
@ St. Andrews Junior College
@ Kolej Teknologi Timur
@ Taurus
@ May 17
@ Christian


Friends


» YiKuan
» zhuangwen
» sammy
» Rachael Lee
» I-vonne
» Corine
» Hyin
» Esther
» Xiong
» Soo Cjian
» Edwin Loh
» Maegyvear
» Ricky Rack
» Willy Yan
» Geraldine Jetony
» Rachel Ling
» Lawrence Kiing
» Steven Moay
» Chen Haw
» Adam Jong
» Xiu Jing
» Michelle Marie
» Ginsky
» Joan Ng
» Joshua Wong
» Eunice Lim
» KTT CF

Archives


» September 2010» October 2010» November 2010» December 2010» January 2011» February 2011» March 2011» April 2011» May 2011» June 2011» July 2011» August 2011» September 2011» October 2011» November 2011» December 2011» January 2012» April 2012» May 2012» October 2015» May 2016


Tags


» book » cabal » CF » Christianity » Complication » event » family » food » friends » home » movie » overseas » philosophy » retard » school

Credits


deviantart
blogskins
blogger